Racism and Targeted Hate: A Restorative Approach Case Study
Login: 9:30 am Pacific Time (Vancouver, BC)
Session: 10:00 am–12:00 pm Pacific Time (Vancouver, BC)
Individual ticket price: $39
An email will be sent to attendees 2 business days prior to the event date with the Zoom information to join this session. Please look out for this and check your spam/junk folder in case it is routed there.
In this session we will explore case studies of scenarios involving racism and targeted hate handled by SST’s team of subject matter experts. We will discuss the significance of Digital Threat Assessment® and the importance of regularly assessing social media and other digital platforms for any signs of digital leakage that may indicate racism and/or targeted hate. We will also cover how to apply restorative practices to ensure school connectedness and best practices related to communication and incident management. You will leave this session with a better understanding of how to identify distinct aspects of discrimination as well as hate-related incidents and will receive and Interactive Resource Guide to support your Threat Assessment response to racism and targeted hate.
This training will include:
• Case Studies involving real incidents of racism and targeted hate and the impact on individuals and communities
• An overview of the key principles and elements of restorative practices, and how they can be applied in the context of addressing racism and targeted hate in school communities
• Strategies to address hate and racism through early identification with Digital Threat Assessment® techniques
• Best practices related to communication and incident management
• Examples of erase Report It / PSSTWorld anonymous student tips
If you are interested in learning more about Safer School Together’s customized remote training sessions for your school/district, please contact us at [email protected].
This ticket is non-refundable.