Login: 8:30 am Pacific Time (Vancouver, BC)
Session: 9:00 am–11:00 am Pacific Time (Vancouver, BC)
Individual ticket price: $59
An email will be sent to attendees 2 business days prior to the event date with the Zoom information to join this session. Please look out for this and check your spam/junk folder in case it is routed there.
This session provides an overview of privacy settings in social media apps with the goal of preventing personal information from being exploited and used against others. It is important for Safety/Threat Assessment to understand today’s most commonly used social media applications and how to navigate them. Participants will leave this session with a better understanding of best practices for securely navigating these apps and the steps to take to ensure a safe and private digital tattoo.
This training will include:
- How to identify personal publicly available information to avoid negative impact
- How to identify public sources of private information, including on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and Twitter
- Using Boolean search operators to find out what information is out there about you or your loved ones
- Enabling secure privacy settings on social media platforms
- Understanding the steps to take to ensure a safe and private digital footprint
If you are interested in learning more about Safer School Together’s customized remote training sessions for your school/district, please contact us at [email protected].
This ticket is non-refundable.