Ensuring Mental Wellness & Trauma Informed Classrooms
This training is designed to help teachers and support staff develop an understanding of child and youth mental health concerns and trauma and how best to provide support in the classroom.
Training will include:
– Prevalence, statistics, and impact of mental health challenges and trauma in schools and how it can impact safety, climate and school culture.
– Definitions and explanations of what is happening emotionally, physically and cognitively for students struggling with anxiety, depression, ADHD, self-harming behaviours, and histories of trauma
– Identification of behaviours in the classroom with strategies to minimize the negative impact of mental health challenges and trauma and promote a supportive and inclusive learning environment for all students
– Linkages to the provincial curriculum and core competencies
– Role school/classroom climate and culture and physical spaces have on mental health and trauma
– Action Plans to take away and implement in classrooms
For further details please call or email Safer Schools Together
and our staff will be happy to assist you.
Toll Free: 1-855-677-3720