Tuesday, June 14, 2022
Login: 7:30 am Pacific Time (Vancouver, BC)
Session: 8:00 am – 2:30 pm Pacific Time (Vancouver, BC)
Individual ticket price: $199
(An email will be sent closer to the event date giving details of the Zoom link to join this session. Please look out for this and check your spam/ junk folder in case it goes in there by mistake)
Digital Threat Assessment® teaches participants to establish a Digital Behavioral Baseline through a School Safety / Threat Assessment lens. By engaging with popular social media applications, you will learn how to find and document worrisome digital media content originating from your school community. This training solidifies your understanding of how to effectively use DTA as a critical part of any modern-day Threat Assessment.
YOU WILL LEARN:
• To apply the principles of Behavioral Threat Assessment to DTA
• To identify the digital behavioral baseline of individuals on the pathway to violence
• To assess the language of online threat-related behavior
• Searching within commonly used platforms such as, Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat
• To utilize boolean operators, people search engines, and access cached data
• To validate the source of images and video
• Best practice for online navigation and ensuring privacy safeguards
• To use law enforcement guides to request user identifying information (preservation and production orders)
• To crowdsource localized and time relevant social media posts from your school and area
• The latest updates to stories, reels, hashtags, and IGTV
• To identify concerning trends and create awareness to ensure safety and mental wellbeing
• To gather public social media data with geolocation relevance—what are the most effective ways to identify potential witnesses in a public act of violence?
• To use social media to find a missing person
• To document your digital findings
If you are interested in learning more about Safer School Together’s customized remote training sessions for your school/district, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safer Schools Together (SST) reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training. If SST cancels or reschedules training due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of SST, you are entitled to a full refund, but SST is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. If SST cancels a training in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address.
Any cancellation or transfer made by a participant needs to be in writing. If the registration fee has already been paid, a credit will be applied for a future training course unless a refund is specifically requested by the agency at the time of cancellation. A $50.00 administrative fee will be applied for any refund processed, and a $25.00 transfer fee will be charged for any transfers between classes or attendees. Any request for a refund must be done 10 days prior to the training date.