Thursday, September 16, 2021
Login: 8:30 am Pacific Time (Vancouver, BC)
Session: 9:00 am – 11:00 am Pacific Time (Vancouver, BC)
Ticket pricing: $39 USD
(An email will be sent closer to the event date giving Zoom details to join this session. Please look out for this and check your spam/ junk folder in case it goes in there by mistake)
Advances in technology and today’s digital economy have made it difficult to distinguish between the information that should be freely shared online and information that should be kept private. This session will provide Educators and Law Enforcement with the tools and knowledge necessary to ensure their digital privacy. When almost every aspect of our lives is touched by some form of technology, the best approach to ensuring digital privacy is to increase digital literacy.
Topics to be covered:
- How publicly available information can be shared and negatively impact educators and law enforcement
- How to identify your personal publicly available information
- How to protect your personal information from being accessed by third party companies
- Public sources of private information, including social media platforms:
- Find out what information is out there about you or your loved ones using Boolean search operators
- Best practice for privacy settings on social media applications
- Understand what steps to take to ensure a safe and private digital footprint
If you are interested in learning more about Safer School Together’s customized remote training sessions for your school/district, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This session is non-refundable