Jan 2022: Radicalization Through Video Games, Locating Missing Students, and the Latest TikTok Trends
Steven MacDonald, Senior Threat Analyst/Trainer
Colton Easton, Project and Training Manager
(This session is pre-recorded)
This Micro Module will revisit video games and how SST’s Threat Analysts are seeing radicalization through this online platform with our students spending increasing amounts of time online. SST’s “Current Behavioral Trends & Digital Updates” are designed to keep threat assessment teams informed on the most recent trends & digital updates.
This session will complement SST’s Digital Threat Assessment® (DTA) training and may be helpful continuing education for individuals who have previously completed DTA training. for SST’s Current Online Behavioral Trends and Updates has been developed out of a need to continue to keep School Safety / Threat Assessment (SS/TA) teams informed so that they are able to adapt to the ever-changing digital landscape.
This training will cover:
– Updates and changes to all leading social media platforms
– Key information for SS/TA teams
– Case Scenarios: recent case files handled by SST Threat Analysts
– Trends, language, and new ways that students communicate online
– Risk enhancing behaviors – what to look out for
– The most common threats SST Threat Analysts are currently responding to
– Trends & app updates
– Live Q&A with SST Threat Analysts