Login opens at 7:30 am Pacific Time
Session runs from 8:00am to 2:30pm Pacific Time
(Please adjust these times to your local time zone when logging in)
Safer Schools Together developed Digital Threat Assessment Training to keep pace with the evolving technology challenges that affect school and public safety today and to help communities recognize and identify individuals on the pathway to violence, homicide, suicide, and radicalization. The vast majority of recent school attacks have had precursors leaked online in the form of social media posts. Knowing where, how, and when to look for this critical information is one of the current challenges that this country faces, and we will thoroughly address this as part of our training.
In this training, we will thoroughly cover the following;
- online verification and authentication of images
- assessing anonymous online threats,
- swatting and doxing;
- geolocational utilities and dangers;
- image verification of firearms and suicidal imagery and/or radicalized images;
- searching Instagram by school location;
- privacy and security when digitally connecting with students;
- understanding how to complete basic data collection from social media platforms;
- capturing and documenting social media evidence;
- identify strategies on how to respond to cyberbullying and online hate;
- how to identify and respond to worrisome shifts in frequency and intensity in students’ posts;
- current privacy and security issues in the remote learning world.
An accurate level of risk through the threat assessment process cannot be determined without considering the digital behavioural baseline of the threat maker(s). It is imperative to understand the tools and methods available to your threat assessment teams provided in this valuable training.
If you are interested in learning more about Safer School Together’s customized remote training sessions for your school/district, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safer Schools Together ( SST ) reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training. If SST cancels or reschedules training due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of SST, you are entitled to a full refund, but SST is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. If SST cancels a training in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address.
Any cancellation or transfer made by a participant needs to be in writing. If the registration fee has already been paid, a credit will be applied for a future training course unless a refund is specifically requested by the agency at the time of cancellation. A $50.00 administrative fee will be applied for any refund processed, and a $25.00 transfer fee will be charged for any transfers between classes or attendees. Any request for a refund must be done 10 days prior to the training date.
Please note: there is a possibility that our emails could be directed to your spam or junk folders. If you have not received a response from us in a timely fashion please check those folders prior to contacting us. Thank You.