Friday, September 23, 2022
Login: 8:30 am Pacific Time (Vancouver, BC)
Session: 9:00 am–11:00 am Pacific Time (Vancouver, BC)
Individual ticket price: $29
“The Modern-Day Predator” was designed to provide education to School Safety / Threat Assessment teams and community partners as a means for the prevention of sexual exploitation. This session provides tools to address issues like consent, creating healthy boundaries and grooming both online and in person.
Through preventative education, we can ensure school communities where all individuals feel safe.
This training will include:
- An overview of sexual exploitation and human trafficking
- The different types of predators and their grooming methods
- Who is most vulnerable and why?
- Online exploitation: recent trends, what makes social media apps risky, grooming tactics, avoiding sextortion
- Signs of sexually exploited individuals
- Best practices for supporting individuals and gaining disclosures
- Relevant legislation, important resources and help tactics
Trainer/Consultant for Safer Schools Together
Tiana Sharifi is a national expert in the field of anti-human trafficking and sexual exploitation. She is the founder of the agency Sexual Exploitation Education which seeks to provide a dynamic approach to prevention of sexual exploitation.
Using her background in Psychology and Counseling, in addition to her expertise in this field, she has worked effortlessly and with intention to incorporate her knowledge from both spheres into a successful new approach to prevention on this prevalent matter.
An email will be sent to attendees 2 business days prior to the event date with the Zoom information to join this session. Please look out for this and check your spam/junk folder in case it is routed there.
If you are interested in learning more about Safer School Together’s customized remote training sessions for your school/district, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This ticket is non-refundable.