Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Login: 9:30 am Pacific Time (Vancouver, BC)
Session: 10:00 am – 11:30 am Pacific Time (Vancouver, BC)
Ticket pricing: $39 USD
*Note: This training includes challenging topics and subject matter that may be a contextual trigger for individuals who have recently been exposed to traumatic incidents in their personal/professional capacity.
As schools prepare for the return to physical spaces, we must take the mental health of staff and students into consideration in a trauma-informed return to school. This session is intended for staff and community partners who support school safety, climate/culture and critical incident/trauma-related matters including:
• Principals, Vice Principals, and other staff (teachers, education assistants, counselors etc.)
• Community partners who support threat risk assessment and violence prevention (e.g. municipal police, child protection and social workers, child and youth mental health workers)
- What does a trauma-informed return to school look like?
- How does trauma impact learning?
- How did the pandemic impact student’s brains?
- What strategies can be used in class to support a successful return to school?
- Links for various resources.
An email will be sent to attendees 2 business days prior to the event date with the Zoom information to join this session. Please look out for this and check your spam/junk folder in case it is routed there.
If you are interested in learning more about Safer School Together’s customized remote training sessions for your school/district, please contact us at email@example.com.
This ticket is non-refundable.