Our 2021 event will be a 2-day Training Symposium on Thursday and Friday, February 11th and 12th, 2021
Gangs & Guns is going virtual! We hope this will be a unique experience for our attendees as they are able to see our excellent presenters without many of you having to fly in and out of the Lower Mainland, BC.
Our confirmed presenters are:
- Keynote: George Brauchler, District Attorney, 18th Judicial District, Arapahoe, Douglas, Elbert & Lincoln Counties, Colorado. Presentation: ‘The Anatomy of Mass Homicide Prosecution: The Aurora Theatre Massacre’
- Keynotes: Father Gregory Boyle, Founder Homeboy Industries; and Joseph Lucero, Alumnus and Outreach Ambassador, Homeboy Industries.
- John W. Callery, Special Agent in Charge, San Diego Field Division, DEA
- Byron Boston, Former Dallas PD & Owner of PLET Training
- Norm Miller, Presentation: Gangs, Drill Rap, Social Media, and their Relationship Staff
- Sgt. Lindsey Houghton, Organized Crime Agency of BC (OCABC) Advisory NCO
- Corporal David Lane, Human Trafficking Unit, “H” Division RCMP, Nova Scotia
- Raj Jaswal, Detective, Vancouver Police Department, Presentation: BC Gangs – Evolution of the South Asian Gangster
- Andrew Hammond and Peglar Artinian
- Cpl. Tyler Zrymiak and Cst. Troy Derrick, Indigenous Street Gangs in Saskatchewan and BC
- Theresa Gartland, Executive Director, Operation Progress, and Johnny Coughlin, Presentation: Operation Progress Watts
- Dr. Andy Bain and Dr. Keiron McConnell, Presentation: A Product of Difference: Understanding non-traditional gangs and their membership
Read bios and presentation information here
Check out our draft agenda here
Date and times:
Thursday and Friday, February 11th and 12th, 2021
Our draft agenda is being completed and login will be 7:30am PT, with a welcome to the conference at 8:00am PT. The first speaker will be presenting at 8:15am and we hope to be winding up at 4:30pm PT. These times will be the same for both Thursday and Friday.
Please note: Times are Pacific Time (PT) and you will need to adjust your login and viewing to your local time zone.
Registration for the 2-day Training Symposium:
Individual rate for 1-9 registrations – $199 USD each registration
More than 9? You will move into our discounted group rate of $1800 USD
More than 20? Email us please.
All registrations will be accepted online through Safer Schools Together website. Payment can be made through PayPal with either a credit card or PayPal account; or you can pay by cheque/money order. If you choose to pay by cheque or money order, it must received 30 days prior to the conference to secure your spot.
Please mail cheque/money order after completing your registration to:
Safer Schools Together
Suite 204, 3237 King George Boulevard,
Surrey, B.C., V4P 1B7, Canada
Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
All cancellations must be submitted by email at least 30 days prior to the conference start date and will be subject to a $50.00 administration fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations made within 30 days of the conference start date; however, you are invited to send a replacement provided you notify Safer Schools Together of the name substitution. Refunds will not be provided for registrants who fail to attend the conference or a portion of the conference.
It is the sole responsibility of the delegate to cancel any travel or accommodation reservations.
|Gangs & Guns Training Symposium - February 11 & 12, 2021||USD$ 199.00|