Login opens at 1:00pm Pacific Time
Session runs from 1:30pm to 3:00pm Pacific Time
(Please adjust these times to your local time zone when logging in)
This session is intended for staff and community partners who support school safety and critical incident/trauma-related matters including:
- Principals, Vice Principals and individuals who support school safety, culture and climate
- Educators and school administrators according to school/district needs
- Community partners who support threat risk assessment and violence prevention (e.g. RCMP, municipal police, child protection social worker, child and youth mental health worker)
*Note: This training includes challenging topics and subject matter that may be a contextual trigger for individuals who have recently been exposed to traumatic incidents in their personal/professional capacity.
- What is trauma, and how this impacts youth?
- Understand what kind of trauma youth may have been exposed to while physical distancing.
- Students already on our ‘radar’ pre-pandemic – what are we doing to support them?
- Trauma-Informed Practice (TIP) and the students return to class.
- The importance of staying connected with High-Risk and Vulnerable Youth.
- Changes in baseline behaviour currently seen by Safer Schools Together regarding High-Risk and Vulnerable Youth.
- Providing links to various resources.
- A question log to address any issues that need further explanation.
If you are interested in learning more about Safer School Together’s customized remote training sessions for your school/district, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safer Schools Together ( SST ) reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training. If SST cancels or reschedules training due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of SST, you are entitled to a full refund, but SST is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. If SST cancels a training in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address.
Any cancellation or transfer made by a participant needs to be in writing. If the registration fee has already been paid, a credit will be applied for a future training course unless a refund is specifically requested by the agency at the time of cancellation.
Please note: there is a possibility that our emails could be directed to your spam or junk folders. If you have not received a response from us in a timely fashion please check those folders prior to contacting us. Thank You.
|Trauma Informed Return to School - August 19, 2020 from 1:30pm to 3:00pm PT||$ 29.00|