Monday, November 30, 2020
Login: 9:30 am Pacific Standard Time (Vancouver, BC)
Session: 10:00 am–11:30 am Pacific Standard Time (Vancouver, BC)
Ticket pricing: $39 USD
*Note: This training includes challenging topics and subject matter that may be a contextual trigger for individuals who have recently been exposed to traumatic incidents in their personal/professional capacity.
An email will be sent to attendees 2 business days prior to the event date with the Zoom information to join this session. Please look out for this and check your spam/junk folder in case it is routed there.
This session is intended for staff and community partners who support school safety and critical incident/trauma-related matters including:
- Principals, Vice Principals and individuals who support school safety, culture and climate
- Educators and school administrators according to school/district needs
- Community partners who support threat risk assessment and violence prevention (e.g. RCMP, municipal police, child protection social worker, child and youth mental health worker)
- What is trauma, and how this impacts youth?
- Understand what kind of trauma youth may have been exposed to while physical distancing.
- Students already on our ‘radar’ pre-pandemic – what are we doing to support them?
- Trauma-Informed Practice (TIP) and the students return to class.
- The importance of staying connected with High-Risk and Vulnerable Youth.
- Changes in baseline behaviour currently seen by Safer Schools Together regarding High-Risk and Vulnerable Youth.
- Providing links to various resources.
- A question log to address any issues that need further explanation.
If you are interested in learning more about Safer School Together’s customized remote training sessions for your school/district, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safer Schools Together (SST) reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training. If SST cancels or reschedules training due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of SST, you are entitled to a full refund, but SST is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. If SST cancels a training in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address.
This ticket is otherwise non-refundable.
Please note: there is a possibility that our emails could be directed to your spam or junk folders. If you have not received a response from us in a timely fashion please check those folders prior to contacting us. Thank You.