Train the Trainer builds capacity in school communities to address online challenges and trends. After completing Train the Trainer, participants are equipped with the knowledge and resources to deliver Digital Threat Assessment® educational sessions to their own district staff and community partners. Participants will receive a one-year SST certification to conduct DTA sessions. On completion of Train the Trainer, DTA training resources are provided to facilitate participant’s own in-house educational sessions.
In order to register for the upcoming Train the Trainer session with Safer Schools Together (SST), attendees must first be able to demonstrate their digital competencies. After successful completion of both the DTA and Advanced DTA trainings, participants will be asked to complete a knowledge assessment with a passing score.
*Non-negotiable prerequisite: SST DTA and Advanced DTA (Each are one-day training sessions). These sessions must have been taken since January 2020.
Trainers will leave prepared to address online challenges, trends and will be a key component of helping build capacity within their school communities.
Upon completion, trainers will be able to:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the vision for DTA within the Threat Assessment landscape
- Showcase the embodiment of foundational and functional perspectives critical to Digital and Behavioural Threat Assessment
- Demonstrate which social media platforms are currently the most popular among students and why this data is so vital to effective threat/risk assessments
- Facilitate training with real-life case scenarios
- Demonstrate how to capture and document social media evidence and online data
- Demonstrate and assess class abilities to complete online image verification
- Teach current basic skills relating to the field of Digital Threat Assessment®
- Teach current digital trends of negative peer groups